Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blog Post #13: Saturday, December 24, 2011

Today, I spent my Christmas Eve and part of my Christmas with some of my close family members. My family and I had plans to celebrate and exchange gifts at my grandmother's house. When I arrived there, I ended up wrapping presents for my grandmother because she was too busy cooking.

Since my great grandmother wast admitted into the hospital weeks before, I did not get the chance to see her until that day we had our Christmas celebration. It made me happy to see her around people, especially my family. Before we opened and exchanged gifts, my aunt took tons of photos of everybody and forced all the children to pose like a bunch of princesses.

For the first time in my 22 years of celebrating Christmas, I had presents that did not have wrapping paper on it. However, I did get a lot of gift cards. I think this was the first Christmas that symbolized that I was an adult because of the gifts I got and the way they were wrapped. Altogether, I was very satisfied with this day.

1 comment:

  1. Dominique i can fully understand this situation because i too felt this Christmas was my first grown-up Christmas. Just like you i didn't get any wrapped gifts but money instead. I felt that this took away the feel of being a kid and being excited about something. I decided to take this as a learning experience which means that my family now respects me as an adult.

    ReplyDelete