Monday, December 5, 2011

Blog Post #11: Zeal & Pain at the Workplace

The best job that I had was working at Target between November 2009 to March 2011. I was 19 and it was my very first job, so I was very excited. I was worried when I started because I was hired on as a Seasonal Inventory/Stock Team Member, but my manager had asked me to stay after three months of working there. During almost two years there, I was trained in truck scanning, cashiering, merchandise planning/organizing, price changing, and returning stock.

Things that made my job enjoyable was the fact that it was my first job, and I was encouraged to learn more and do more at work. I also got a lot of hours. Things that the workplace has taught me is to take whatever opportunity that comes my way, and be excited about the work that you're given. Things that I learned that I can take into my internship is being excited about work, and taking on whatever workload that you can without burning yourself out.

The worst job that I had was working as a Seasonal Sales Representative at The Picture People between November 2010 to February 2011. I had got the job because I wasn't going to school, and I figured that I would go for another job. Some of the tasks that I did was greeting/interacting with customers, getting them to their appointed picture room, viewing pictures, and selling to them. I knew how to sell because I had to do that at Target, but working at Picture People made the job more intimate with the customer, and a lot more selling that I preferred because of my personal financial morals. The co-workers I had were very conniving, and always wanted to talk about irrelevant things.

No comments:

Post a Comment