Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blog Post #7: My 1st Module Experience

At the beginning of my first module, I had high expectations for myself. However after getting through Module I, I realize that my goals weren't met and I constantly dropped the ball. I had some good and educational times during those moments, but I wish that I had lived up to what I set myself with in the beginning.

I am proud of the fact that I figured out ways to dress business appropriate, incorporated with my own style. At the beginning of the program, I thought that it was going to be the hardest part because I was so used to wearing tank tops and flip flops, and I hated the thought of having to conform to business attire. Although finding an outfit for the next day is hard, I have found myself liking the close that I have been forced to wear, and now find it hard to wear casual clothes.

I am also proud of the fact that I did so well in my Business Communications class. I thought it would be like trying to stand still on slippery ice. The class had turned out to be very easy, and I really loved the interaction in class. Although I don't like to talk about things that I'm rewarded for, I got the opportunity to do my Elevator Pitch in front of a panel of judges (one of whom intimidated me), and was tied for 2nd place.

I am also proud of the fact that I have been interacting with my peers. I also feel that this is a delta because even though I interacted, I did not get a full opportunity to have real, in-depth conversations with some of my colleagues like I wished.
TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment