Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blog Post #2:: The Awkward Years: My High School Experience

For the four most confusing years of my life, I attended Deer Valley High School. I remember the first day of my freshman year thinking that I would have that same "Im so excited to venture into a new world" feeling, as if it I were going to back to kindergarten. I will admit, the first week was fun, but I think after that, everything went downhill. I had ran away from home during a school break, which was a funny and unsuccessful attempt to live on my own. I ran away for a day and came back home the same day!

I had always struggled to keep good grades, despite how much I actually knew because I was actually smart. I never really applied myself when it came to homework. The environment set in my school was pretty fast paced and it seemed, in my eyes, that everybody was just trying to fit in, instead of doing work. Aside from myself, a lot of my classmates ended up reuniting our senior year in night school to catch up with credits. Although my teachers were pressing me to do good, I had internal issues at home that hindered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment